Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting on Track: Week1

This is perhaps what I should have been blogging about 2 weeks ago but just didn't get it. Not too sure if I've gotten it to date but I am most confident that I will eventually master it all.

The first item in 2.0 discusses the notion of becoming a lifelong learner. This is why I am in library school at this age and time despite the present economic trauma. I have always been a lifelong learner and have always been outside of the box with everything I do. My presence in class illustrates that I am operating outside of my small box. There are so few of me and my kind around that I must succeed at this if nothing more than to mentor and encourage more individuals to get involved in this world.

I read the 2.0 material before classes began and printed the Learning Contract. Printing it and signing it are two distinct functions. So, tonight, I pulled the contract out, looked at it, completed it, made a personal committment to follow through with this 2.0 process, and signed it. I will catch up and do this...all of it!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Phyllis! I have no doubt, based on your enthusiasm, commitment, intelligence and wit, and based on your past accomplishments, that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete